Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Fall is in the Air

Hello everyone, it's Danielle with Quoddy back from a long day on the water. I am going to keep this short tonight but I do want to keep you updated on our sightings. The past 2 days have been spent with minke and finback whales, no sign of any humpback whales but we have had some weather to deal with. We have had everything from thick morning fog to strong winds in various directions but we have managed to have some great sightings! I want to share this video with you I took yesterday morning of 3 large finback whales travelling side-by-side. It was so beautiful...I just watched the video back and shook my head at how lucky I am to do what I do, every day. These whales never cease to amaze me.

OK, time for bed. Thanks for checking in, and check back soon!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:50 pm

    Hey Danielle...I envy your job alot....I would love to spend my days on the water watching these creatures do there thing...

    I am bringing some of my family down to St. Andrews on friday this week to see the whales..we are hoping to go on one of the Quoddy boats....see you soon..

    -Richard

    ReplyDelete