Saturday, July 11, 2009

10 fin whales counted within a 2 mile radius!

Hey everyone, it's Danielle with Quoddy Link Marine back from a long but great day on the water. We had fin whales on each of our 3 trips today and all 3 were fantastic (despite some morning fog). On our evening trip were were off the entrance to Head Harbour Passage and within a 2 mile radius of East Quoddy Head Light we counted 10 fin whales! Definitley a great day!

Below are some photos from today I wanted to share.






Thanks for checking in today! We will have to see what the weather will bring for tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Thanks for sharing. I went out yesterday whale watching 23 miles out of Brier Island and we sighted 7 fins in a group and a minke whale a little below them breaching! Will post on my blog for you to see
    June

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks June, I love reading your blog! I like knowing what's happening on the other side of the Bay...

    :)

    ReplyDelete