Sunday, September 13, 2009

40+ right whales....40+ miles from St. Andrews...an unforgettable trip!

Good evening everyone!


We had our special trip out to see North Atlantic right whales this morning and it was so amazing! We needed patience with the weather but it was so worth it in the end. We found over 40 right whales...saw 3 SAG's (surface active groups) and more tails that I ever imagined!

It was a long day and I'm a little tired. I am currently working on uploading all of the video and sorting through many photos. I will do a proper post tomorrow, I promise.

I also wanted to mention that on our way home we found 3 humpbacks on the Wolves Bank...and one was Quarternote! We havn't seen Quarternote since 2006 so I was happy when I saw him.


Thanks for checking in today...more to come tomorrow, I promise!

Cheers,
Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment